Friday, July 19, 2013

Escape to Pinetop...

We had only been in Clovis for 2 weeks, and we were ready for our first escape!  Pinetop, Arizona was calling our names for a weekend filled with Fourth of July memories to make.  We hit the road on Thursday, and made it just in time for dinner and fireworks.  The firework show was awesome, and so fun to be with family.


On Friday, the Workmans had a BBQ and all family was on deck... literally!  There were cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and so much more!  I think I met more extended family members at this BBQ than at our wedding reception in Arizona :).





By Saturday, I was in a food coma! But don't think for a second that I let that slow me down.  We had a big day planned of fishing, shopping, and eating more of Kathy's delicious food.  We went fishing down at a nearby lake, and unfortunately, this was the first year we didn't catch anything.  I still suspect that Nate gave me the bunk pole because he didn't want me to one-up him again this year ;).  I'll get him next summer!  


The rest of the day was filled with boutique shopping and visiting with the family.   



Later that night, we had a pool party at the hotel where Katie and Mark were staying.  Avery is only two, but was swimming circles around us.  My favorite part was when her and Nate were diving into the pool like they were Olympic swimmers.  She's such a doll!!!!




We had such a fun weekend.  It was worth every minute of that 8-hour drive to spend the weekend with family.  

1 comment:

  1. You guys have so much dang fun together! You give marriage a good name.

    ReplyDelete