Saturday, December 15, 2012

Graduation Day...

The last two years went by faster than I thought.  This month, I got the closure of the program that I needed by dressing up in a cap and gown and walking to receive my diploma :)

Things I will miss:

  • riding the light rail to downtown Denver
  • in-depth projects and portfolios
  • Nate and I's late night dates after I got out of class
  • the friends I have made in the program
  • learning new things about the world of early childhood education
Things I will NOT miss:
  • the endless amount of papers 
  • sitting in class for 8 hours on a Saturday
  • buying new textbooks every semester 
  • feeling guilty doing something fun when I knew I had homework to do
Saturday was the big day.  The ceremony lasted about an hour and a half; full of speakers, and names being called.  My family came to support me which was awesome for them to come for my three seconds (not exaggerating) of fame.  




After the ceremony and pictures, my family and I went to one of my favorite restaurants in Denver... The Cherry Cricket.  They have the best hamburgers in the state, and it was just how I wanted to spend this special day: good food and great company.  



When we got home, Nate surprised me with a beautiful graduation gift.   It is an antique trunk from a boutique in Elizabeth, a small town south of us.  We found it months ago, but I had given up on the thought of it becoming mine.  It fits perfectly in our home, and it will hold my childhood treasures.
  

So, that's it!  I finished my masters.  No more homework. No more night classes.  No more weekends taken up.  What will I do with this new abundance of free time?  I have a few ideas... 
  • become a better cook
  • workout more
  • start a small business
  • read more books
  • finish a craft
  • contemplate a second masters :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! That's fantastic! I love the hair, the trunk, all of it! And I'm intrigued by your small business - do tell

    ReplyDelete