Sunday, December 2, 2012

Parade of Lights...

I love family traditions.  Parade of Lights is one of our family traditions that I look forward to every year.  Nate and I rode the light rail downtown with two of my sisters, Macy and Brook.  It was nice to just sit and visit.  We kept ourselves entertained by telling stories about our childhood.  Here are a few highlights:



Macy: used to pull out her eyelashes and eyebrows because she was soooo stressed about her middle school homework.

Brook: used to have a pet rat, white with red eyes.  She claimed she was training it for a class, but we all knew better!


Kelly: spent her Christmas money from mom and dad on a "Yo Momma" book and spent the next year annoying her siblings with inappropriate jokes.  "Crunch!"

Nate: inadvertently killed his pet hamster, Kerby, by leaving him alone in the bathtub, only to be found by the family dog.


Then we met up with my mom, dad, David, Maxwell, Zailah, and Evan.  This year the weather was perfect and not too cold. We had dinner and then found a spot along the street to watch the show! 


I love this time of year!  I love that Nate has been a part of our family before we even started dating, and that we can share some of our adventures with my family.  Life doesn't get any better than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment